U19 ELITE Hockey, Drijver GK Camp & All-Stars Details
and Next Steps
July 18 to 27, 2019
Everything you need to know and do to plan your trip
Countdown to Takeoff
It will be here before you know it
Time to take care of business!
Your Flight Details
NOTE: Changes to scheduling can occur. Updates will be posted on this page.
Check back for revisions and/or new postings for your tour to Holland.
Date: Thursday July 18, 2019
Delta Airline flight 048
Meet-up and check-in with your group at:
Do not check-in on your own. Find your Tour Leader.
— You’ll meet staff and your fellow tour members at the airline's international check-in desk in the location outlined above for "group" check-in on the day of departure.
Saturday, July 27, 2019
from Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam)
departing Delta flight 049 at 10.55AM
JFK Airport - Terminal 4
If connecting to another flight home, you must give yourself plenty to time to clear customs and check-yourself onto another flight. This can take time. Give yourself the time necessary to make your connecting flight.
Your Group Tour Leader
Three Documents required by May 31
- Health Exam / Doctors Medical Form (2 pages).
Requires a physicians signature, but not a physical.
-- Our tour leader travels with this document, used in the case of injury, we have critical information at our immediate disposal. NECESSARY!
- Player Code of Conduct
Requires both parent & athlete signature
- Copy of your passport
Picture and name page(s) only
Download, print and complete these documents:
DOWNLOAD MEDICAL FORM HERE
Upload and return all of these signed and completed documents:
Communication | Join our Chat Group
Athletes, be sure to join the group chat on the GroupMe App. Prior to tour, connect with other EuroTour athletes participating on your program; and great place to ask questions! During and after tour share photos and links. For athletes only.
Are you arriving late or deviating from our itinerary?
Deviations must be reported through our online "Deviation Request Form" This must be done by March 31.
CLICK HERE: Deviation Request Form
We ask players who will not travel with the group to Europe to schedule their incoming flight to arrive at least one hour before the group flight. You would the meet the USA group at the airport and fully integrate with them then and there.
July 19 at 9.15 AM is our USA group arrival time
Please coordinate your arrival time with this flight and time.
-- a member of our staff will be at the airport waiting for the USA group to arrive.
NOTE: the day of arrival is the day after USA departure. We are on an overnight flight. Schedule your meet-up accordingly.
Arrange and coordinate meet-up prior to departure with our USA office. This process starts with you completing the "Deviation Request Form" before March 31.
If you are not traveling home with us you will meet your player at at the airport at 7:00AM or an option is to pick-up at the Amsterdam Hockey Club between 9AM and 10AM
Pack light. You can do it!
You are allowed to bring only two (2) bags on tour:
1. One carry-on (a backpack or similar)
2. One piece of checked luggage
- Your checked bag cannot exceed 50 lbs.
- Your stick will be placed into our EuroTour Team Event Bag.
Airlines will not allow you to carry a stick on the plane. We will collect all the sticks at check-in and check them under EuroTour.
- Sorry – only your stick will be placed in Team Event Bag – if you bring a stick bag – you will have to pack that into your carry-on or checked bag.
- If you need to check your stick bag (or any extra bag) – this will cost you an extra $100 each way – which will be collected by the airline at time of check-in.
- Your checked luggage cannot have a total volume greater than 7,800 cubic inches – You can determine volume by multiplying the out side luggage dimensions, Typical measurement for body dimensions: 32.0" x 15.75" x 15.5" (a 32 inch bag). This size requirement is waived for goalies - but not wight.
Sorry , but goalies, can you fit all your things into one bag? If not, you will need to pay the extra bag surcharge both ways. They will not accept cash, only credit card.
You’ll probably find that a 32” duffel will barely make our limits . Please be mindful - our bus in Europe can only handle a small, or set, amount luggage.
Make sure the expiration date extends 6 months past your return date.
- Medications/inhalers if needed
Don't bring what you can't afford to lose
- Day backpack
- Mouth Guards
- Shin Guards
- Water Bottle
- Hockey Socks
- Personal medical necessities,i e, tape, knee brace, etc.
- Practice clothes
- Sneakers or Turf shoes
no cleats, we do not play on grass
- note: Goggles are not required – but bring them if you want.
- Stuff to keep you fresh; extra wipes, Fabreeze, etc.
- Goalie Bag
- Full padding & protection
Camp Gear for "Glamping"
- Sleeping bag
- Small Flashlight
- Bathing suit (for locker room showers)
- Flip Flps for shower
- Hockey Clothes: - shorts, tanks, t-shirts, sport bras
- Sweatshirt and/or jacket
- Casual outfits for flight/sightseeing/meals/evening socials
- Light Raincoat
- Shoes: in addition to turfs & flip flops, we suggest comfy pair of sneaks or sandals for site seeing & activities
- Undies, bras & socks
- Waste pouch or body wallet for passport & wallet
- Money for two lunches, snacks and shopping/gifts
(we suggest $200)
- Hat and/or sunglasses (optional)
- Razor (optional)
Even More Stuff
- Cell phone/charger/adapter (optional)
- Gift (like your jersey or stickers) to exchange with international players (optional)
- Teeth: toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Soap (optional)
- Hair: shampoo, conditioner, brush, hair ties
- Shower flip flops
- Bathing suit (optional for locker room showers)
- Energy bars (optional)
Airline bag policy
- You can check 1 bag, bring 1 carry-on and 1 personal item for free
- The airline charges $100 for a second checked bag
- Goalies: you can choose to pack everything in your goalie bag & carry-on to save $$$
- The airline charges for any checked bag over 50 pounds
- Tip: stand on scale with your bag and subtract your weight when packing
- Goalies: If you are a few pounds over, contact a field player in our group chat and ask if you can put some of your belongings in her bag at the airport
- The airline has parameters on size of bag (but a EuroTour goalie bag has never been charged for this.)
- For any additional baggage questions involving airline policy, it is best to contact the airline directly
Accommodations: In all of the immersive camp programs we sleep our first two nights in a top rated hotel, before heading into camp on day 3, you will be assigned to, and sleep in, a framed team tent (8 players / tent) - these are not camping tents. They have raised floor and we provide you with an air mattress (but not a sleeping bag). This may seem alien to us, but it is not unusual for European athletes to sleep in team tents when they go to tournaments and the like. "When in Rome".
Typical Dutch Weather
Average Dutch summer weather is a high of 71 and low of 55 (perfect hockey weather!)
Rain showers are not uncommon. It can get chilly too when the sun goes behind the clouds. The weather can change dramatically in the course of a day. Your tour leader will help you decide what to bring when going out.
Cell Phones & Family Communication
The hotel & camp both have wifi, however wifi may not be strong at camp and will be slow when 200 kids are on at the same time, and plugs at camp are extremely limited.
EuroTour requires all athletes contact home on the first day. EuroTour chaperones will also contact you if there is anything you need to know, and will check email and phone for communication from back home.
Remember, there is a 6 to 9 hour time difference. We'll be asleep at 6PM (east coast).
EuroTour requires certain times that are cell phone free. Instead of our athletes texting and on social media with friends and family back home; our athletes are living in the moment, building lasting relationships on and off the field, and soaking up this once and lifetime opportunity. This rule allows our athletes to become fully immersed in the experience.
EuroTour asks parents to give their daughter the opportunity to not have to check their cell phones on a daily basis. Parents will have the contact info of all staff and ask you to contact them if instead.
Injury or Sickness Protocol
Allergies & Medications
Your Passport & Money
No need to worry, EuroTour will take each participant's passport when we get to the hotel and put it in the safe.
MONEY & CREDIT CARDS
We suggest you exchange money at home; but we also have opportunity at airport. Credit cards should work abroad too! HOWEVER, call your credit card company and tell them you will be using the card in Europe. If using a debit card, make sure it will work in Europe. Also, if you intend to use a credit card to extract cash from an ATM, make sure you pbtain a password for that card.
What did we forget?
- Login to your personal account portal here:: Account Portal
- The camp is conducted in English, you will understand all instructions, hockey and social.. Although there will be many languages spoken within groups at camp.
- We provide you at camp with an air mattresses - the tents have raised floors too.
- This camp does not have a washer dryer
- Athletes do not shower between sessions and oftentimes keep the same
hockey outfit on between sessions.
- May be good idea to bring some fast dry-wicking clothes
- If you want to bring an extra towel, yoga towels are light and thin
- Put your name on your belongings. People don't steal but there are a lot
campers in close proximity with similar looking stuff.
- Do not bring anything you cannot afford to lose
- Goalies - there is a special tent just for goalie bags and your belongings!
- EuroTour does not require travel insurance, but you can view options on our website HERE.
- Pack Light
Manage Your Personal Camper Account Portal
- Download & upload paperwork.
LOG-IN HERE: Account Portal
- Manage your billing and account.
- Link to your account can also be found on top left corner of this web page.
- Ensure all information is up to date, as EuroTour will use the primary email and phone number on file for communications, and in case of emergencies while on tour.
- Also, make sure to add a clear photo of yourself!
Emergency Contact Information
Before entering camp, we will be staying the first two nights bonding, getting over jetlag and sightseeing while at the:
ibis Amsterdam City South (for 2 nights)
Prof. J. H. Bavincklaan 1
1183 AT Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 715 4337
Tori's Dutch Phone: +31 639402573
Amsterdam Hockey Club (6 nights)
Nieuwe Kalfjeslaan 19, 1182 AA Amstelveen, Netherlands
Please communicate directly to Holland in case of an emergency back at home. The phone numbers above are to used for real emergencies only. Thank you for your consideration. Also, be sensitive to the time difference.
Your Tour Leaders
n addition to Gittan De Jonge (our Dutch Liaison) and Tori (EuroTour Director), who both will be in Holland waiting for you, your adult chaperones will be:
- Jessica Paulin
- Jessica Ashby-Summers
- Whitney Jones
- Brooke Whipkey
- Emily Snowden
|Lena||Ansari||IL||LAKE FOREST ACADEMY|
|Georgia||Beachley||MD||C MILTON WRIGHT HIGH SCHOOL|
|Bella||Bobe||PA||BERMUDIAN SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL|
|Lily||Botta||PA||AGNES IRWIN SCHOOL|
|Cailin||Bownas||VA||W T WOODSON HIGH SCHOOL|
|Cassie||Boyce||NJ||VOORHEES HIGH SCHOOL|
|Avery||Bryanton||CT||GRANBY MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL|
|Sofia||Castore||TX||SAINT JOHN'S HIGH SCHOOL|
|BAHATI||DAKILE||S. Africa||ST ANNE'S DIOCESAN GIRLS SCHOOL|
|Lindsay||Ducharme||NH||Stratham Memorial School|
|Ella||Edmonds||NH||HANOVER HIGH SCHOOL|
|Ashby||Evans||PA||AGNES IRWIN SCHOOL|
|Hadley or Hads||Evans||PA||AGNES IRWIN SCHOOL|
|Erin||Flynn||VA||THE COVENANT UPPER SCHOOL|
|Hannah||Frittenburg||NH||KENNETT HIGH SCHOOL|
|Kira||Geddes||NH||THE DERRYFIELD SCHOOL|
|Meg||Gilbey||CT||AVON HIGH SCHOOL|
|Hayley||Hayden||NY||NORTHPORT HIGH SCHOOL|
|Bree||Henderson||NH||EXETER HIGH SCHOOL|
|Safa||Jan||WI||BROOKFIELD ACADEMY UPPER SCHOOL|
|Carina||Karp||VA||THE MADEIRA SCHOOL|
|Mandhir Singh||Kaur||NJ||RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL|
|Paige||Kieft||PA||ACADEMY OF NOTRE DAME DE NAMUR|
|Annika||Kline||MO||KIRKWOOD HIGH SCHOOL|
|Tess||Kramer||CO||CHERRY CREEK HIGH SCHOOL|
|Mia||Lanzilotta||NJ||DELRAN HIGH SCHOOL|
|Pinky||Leeper||NY||CLARENCE HIGH SCHOOL|
|Emma||Leppert||PA||BISHOP SHANAHAN HIGH SCHOOL|
|Abby||Lutz||CT||WAMOGO REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL|
|Ellie||Manriquez||CT||CONVENT OF THE SACRED HEART SCHOOL|
|Gracie||McGowan||IL||LAKE FOREST HIGH SCHOOL|
|Hannah||McGrath||NH||KIMBALL UNION ACADEMY|
|Shannon||McNally||PA||SPRINGSIDE CHESTNUT HILL ACADEMY|
|Zoe||Mohrman||CA||MISSION VISTA HIGH SCHOOL|
|Bridy||Molyneaux||NJ||RUMSON-FAIR HAVEN REGIONAL H S|
|Lauren||Pickul||NJ||MOORESTOWN HIGH SCHOOL|
|Chloe||Relford||WI||ARROWHEAD HIGH SCHOOL|
|Annabel||Skubisz||TX||KINKAID HIGH SCHOOL|
|Callie||Srader||VA||TRINITY EPISCOPAL SCHOOL|
|Lindsey||Stagg||NH||THE DERRYFIELD SCHOOL|
|Laurel||Tiedemann||NY||MASSAPEQUA HIGH SCHOOL|
|Karen||Trevor-Roberts||MO||PARKWAY WEST HIGH SCHOOL|
|Paige||Wilson||VA||BISHOP SULLIVAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL|