U19 & U16
- ELITE Hockey Camp
- ELITE Goalie Academy
July 15 to 24, 2021
Everything you need to know and do to plan your trip
Countdown to Takeoff
It will be here before you know it
Time to take care of business!
Your Flight Details
NOTE: Changes to scheduling can occur. Updates will be posted on this page.
Check back for revisions and/or new postings for your tour to Holland.
Date: Thursday July 15, 2021
Meet at airport: 4.30PM
JFK Airport - Terminal 4
Delta Airlines Flt# DL 048
Do not check-in on your own. Find your Tour Leader.
— You’ll meet staff and your fellow tour members at the airline's international check-in desk in the location outlined above for "group" check-in on the day of departure.
Saturday, July 24, 2021
Depart Schiphol Airport Amsterdam 1:20PM
Arrive USA, JFK Airport 3:35PM
KLM Airlines Flt# KL 641 (Delta code share)
If connecting to another flight home, you must give yourself plenty to time to clear customs and check-yourself onto another flight. This can take time. Give yourself the time necessary to make your connecting flight
Your Group Tour Leader
Three Documents required by May 31
- Health Exam / Doctors Medical Form (2 pages).
Requires a physicians signature, but not a physical.
-- Our tour leader travels with this document, used in the case of injury, we have critical information at our immediate disposal. NECESSARY!
- Player Code of Conduct
Requires both parent & athlete signature
- Copy of your passport
Picture and name page(s) only
Download, print and complete these documents:
DOWNLOAD MEDICAL FORM HERE
Upload and return all of these signed and completed documents:
We are status quo and plan to travel. But because Corvid is still a factor, all final travel commitments will be made April 1st based on restrictions and ease of travel throughout the USA and Europe.
While it has not been confirmed, we believe that everyone who flies internationally will be required to either be immune from having received a proper dosage of Covid vaccine within the prescribe time-limits.
-- or for most of us, a negative Covid test within 72 hours of your flight time.
Best to plan early and find a site or service you can count on to deliver results within the 72 hour timeframe.
CRITICAL: You will be responsible for testing, its cost and for providing a negative result before your departure in the USA.
MUST BE THE CORRECT TEST
A verifiable test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy) of a laboratory test result. Testing must be performed using a viral test (NAAT or antigen), and negative results must be provided to the airline prior to boarding. The test result documentation must include information that identifies the person, a specimen collection date showing the test was done within the 3 days before the flight, the type of test, and a negative result.
For your return flight home, EuroTour has arranged testing in Amsterdam with results coming in a 24 turn-around time. You will be responsible for the cost of this test. At this time we do not know the cost, but knowing the Dutch system, it will be fair.
This Covid information will be undated as we know more.
Communication | Join our Chat Group
Athletes, be sure to join the group chat on the GroupMe App. Prior to tour, connect with other EuroTour athletes participating on your program; and great place to ask questions! During and after tour share photos and links. For athletes only.
Are you arriving late or deviating from our itinerary?
Deviations must be reported through our online "Deviation Request Form" This must be done by March 31.
CLICK HERE: Deviation Request Form
We ask players who will not travel with the group to Europe to schedule their incoming flight to arrive at least one hour before the group flight. You would the meet the USA group at the airport and fully integrate with them then and there.
9.15 AM is our USA group arrival time in Holland the next day (we fly on a direct, overnight flight).
Please coordinate your arrival time with this flight and time.
-- a member of our staff will be at the airport waiting for the USA group to arrive.
The 2nd option is to meet us at our hotel that morning of our arrival before we head-out for sightseeing. Plan to be there by 11.00AM the morning of the groups arrival.
NOTE: the day of arrival is the day after USA departure. We are on an overnight flight. Schedule your meet-up accordingly.
Arrange and coordinate meet-up prior to departure with our USA office. This process starts with you completing the "Deviation Request Form" before March 31.
If you are not traveling home with us - you will meet your player at Hotel Zuiver at 6.30AM or option 2) at the airport at 8:00AM or option 3) 11PM the night before departure.
Pack light. You can do it!
You are allowed to bring only two (2) bags on tour:
1. One carry-on (a backpack or similar)
2. One piece of checked luggage
- Your checked bag cannot exceed 50 lbs.
- Your stick will be placed into our EuroTour Team Event Bag.
Airlines will not allow you to carry a stick on the plane. We will collect all the sticks at check-in and check them under EuroTour.
- Sorry – only your stick will be placed in Team Event Bag – if you bring a stick bag – you will have to pack that into your carry-on or checked bag.
- If you need to check your stick bag (or any extra bag) – this will cost you an extra $100 each way – which will be collected by the airline at time of check-in.
- Your checked luggage cannot have a total volume greater than 7,800 cubic inches – You can determine volume by multiplying the out side luggage dimensions, Typical measurement for body dimensions: 32.0" x 15.75" x 15.5" (a 32 inch bag). This size requirement is waived for goalies - but not wight.
Sorry , but goalies, can you fit all your things into one bag? If not, you will need to pay the extra bag surcharge both ways. They will not accept cash, only credit card.
You’ll probably find that a 32” duffel will barely make our limits . Please be mindful - our bus in Europe can only handle a small, or set, amount luggage.
Make sure the expiration date extends 6 months past your return date.
- Medications/inhalers if needed
Don't bring what you can't afford to lose
- Day backpack
- Mouth Guards
- Shin Guards
- Water Bottle
- Hockey Socks
- Personal medical necessities,i e, tape, knee brace, etc.
- Practice clothes
- Sneakers or Turf shoes
no cleats, we do not play on grass
- note: Goggles are not required – but bring them if you want.
- Stuff to keep you fresh; extra wipes, Fabreeze, etc.
- Goalie Bag
- Full padding & protection
Camp Gear for "Glamping"
- Sleeping bag
- Small Flashlight
- Bathing suit (for locker room showers)
- Flip Flps for shower
- Hockey Clothes: - shorts, tanks, t-shirts, sport bras
- Sweatshirt and/or jacket
- Casual outfits for flight/sightseeing/meals/evening socials
- Light Raincoat
- Shoes: in addition to turfs & flip flops, we suggest comfy pair of sneaks or sandals for site seeing & activities
- Undies, bras & socks
- Waste pouch or body wallet for passport & wallet
- Money for two lunches, snacks and shopping/gifts
(we suggest $200)
- Hat and/or sunglasses (optional)
- Razor (optional)
Even More Stuff
- Cell phone/charger/adapter (optional)
- Gift (like your jersey or stickers) to exchange with international players (optional)
- Teeth: toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Soap (optional)
- Hair: shampoo, conditioner, brush, hair ties
- Shower flip flops
- Bathing suit (optional for locker room showers)
- Energy bars (optional)
Airline bag policy
- You can check 1 bag, bring 1 carry-on and 1 personal item for free
- The airline charges $100 for a second checked bag
- Goalies: you can choose to pack everything in your goalie bag & carry-on to save $$$
- The airline charges for any checked bag over 50 pounds
- Tip: stand on scale with your bag and subtract your weight when packing
- Goalies: If you are a few pounds over, contact a field player in our group chat and ask if you can put some of your belongings in her bag at the airport
- The airline has parameters on size of bag (but a EuroTour goalie bag has never been charged for this.)
- For any additional baggage questions involving airline policy, it is best to contact the airline directly
Accommodations: In all of the immersive camp programs we sleep our first two nights in a top rated hotel, before heading into camp on day 3, you will be assigned to, and sleep in, a framed team tent (8 players / tent) - these are not camping tents. They have raised floor and we provide you with an air mattress (but not a sleeping bag). This may seem alien to us, but it is not unusual for European athletes to sleep in team tents when they go to tournaments and the like. "When in Rome".
Typical Dutch Weather
Average Dutch summer weather is a high of 71 and low of 55 (perfect hockey weather!)
Rain showers are not uncommon. It can get chilly too when the sun goes behind the clouds. The weather can change dramatically in the course of a day. Your tour leader will help you decide what to bring when going out.
Cell Phones & Family Communication
The hotel & camp both have wifi, however wifi may not be strong at camp and will be slow when 200 kids are on at the same time, and plugs at camp are extremely limited.
EuroTour requires all athletes contact home on the first day. EuroTour chaperones will also contact you if there is anything you need to know, and will check email and phone for communication from back home.
Remember, there is a 6 to 9 hour time difference. We'll be asleep at 6PM (east coast).
EuroTour requires certain times that are cell phone free. Instead of our athletes texting and on social media with friends and family back home; our athletes are living in the moment, building lasting relationships on and off the field, and soaking up this once and lifetime opportunity. This rule allows our athletes to become fully immersed in the experience.
EuroTour asks parents to give their daughter the opportunity to not have to check their cell phones on a daily basis. Parents will have the contact info of all staff and ask you to contact them if instead.
Injury or Sickness Protocol
Allergies & Medications
Your Passport & Money
No need to worry, EuroTour will take each participant's passport when we get to the hotel and put it in the safe.
MONEY & CREDIT CARDS
We suggest you exchange money at home; but we also have opportunity at airport. Credit cards should work abroad too! HOWEVER, call your credit card company and tell them you will be using the card in Europe. If using a debit card, make sure it will work in Europe. Also, if you intend to use a credit card to extract cash from an ATM, make sure you pbtain a password for that card.
What did we forget?
- Login to your personal account portal here:: Account Portal
- The camp is conducted in English, you will understand all instructions, hockey and social.. Although there will be many languages spoken within groups at camp.
- We provide you at camp with an air mattresses - the tents have raised floors too.
- This camp does not have a washer dryer
- Athletes do not shower between sessions and oftentimes keep the same
hockey outfit on between sessions.
- May be good idea to bring some fast dry-wicking clothes
- If you want to bring an extra towel, yoga towels are light and thin
- Put your name on your belongings. People don't steal but there are a lot
campers in close proximity with similar looking stuff.
- Do not bring anything you cannot afford to lose
- Goalies - there is a special tent just for goalie bags and your belongings!
- EuroTour does not require travel insurance, but you can view options on our website HERE.
- Pack Light
Manage Your Personal Camper Account Portal
- Download & upload paperwork.
LOG-IN HERE: Account Portal
- Manage your billing and account.
- Link to your account can also be found on top left corner of this web page.
- Ensure all information is up to date, as EuroTour will use the primary email and phone number on file for communications, and in case of emergencies while on tour.
- Also, make sure to add a clear photo of yourself!
Emergency Contact Information
Before entering camp, we will be staying the first two nights bonding, getting over jetlag and sightseeing while at the:
Dutch Design Hotel Artemis
John M. Keynesplein 2, 1066 EP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 714 1000
Tori's Dutch Phone: +31 639402573
Amsterdam Hockey Club (6 nights)
Nieuwe Kalfjeslaan 19, 1182 AA Amstelveen, Netherlands
Please communicate directly to Holland in case of an emergency back at home. The phone numbers above are to used for real emergencies only. Thank you for your consideration. Also, be sensitive to the time difference.
Your Tour Leaders
n addition to Gittan De Jonge (our Dutch Liaison) and Tori (EuroTour Director), who both will be in Holland waiting for you, your adult chaperones will be:
- To be Announced
Participant List will be posted in June.
Get on the GroupMe chat which will be available in May